To help you to feel safe and enjoy your chosen performance, we have introduced a series of new safety measures.
Mandatory Face Coverings at The Rep
In light of the uncertainty around the developing Covid situation in the UK, and in order to best protect our staff, company and audiences, we are from today mandating that face coverings be worn at all times within Birmingham Rep including the auditorium during performances. Our staff will also be wearing face coverings at all times.
The only exceptions to this are for those who are exempt from wearing face coverings, those under 12 years of age, and when eating or drinking during your visit.
This comes into effect from Wednesday 1 December 2021 and will continue until further notice.
If you have already booked tickets for a performance and feel you are unable to comply with this requirement, we will be happy to offer you a credit note for a future booking at The Rep. Please contact the Box Office on 0121 236 4455 to discuss.
Mandating mask wearing is in addition to the Covid-safe practices we already have in place, and we will be continuing those and extending as necessary. We will keep all arrangements under review and will update our Covid safety webpage accordingly.
Thank you for your support and help in keeping us all safe.
Social Distanced Performances: The Play What I Wrote
We are also currently looking at how we can designate further performances of The Play What I Wrote as socially distanced in response to clear audience demand for the performances already being sold in this way. If you would like to exchange your tickets for a socially-distanced performance, please contact the Box Office to arrange this free of charge.
The current socially-distanced performances of The Play What I Wrote are:
- Wed 1 December 7.30pm
- Thu 2 December 2.30pm
- Tue 7 December 7.30pm
- Wed 8 December 2.30pm
- Thu 9 December 2.30pm
- Mon 20 December 7.30pm
- Wed 22 December 2.30pm
- Mon 27 December 7.30pm
- Thu 30 December 2.30pm
Guaranteed Socially Distanced Performances
In line with government guidance, we are now opening our audiences to full-capacity booking. However, for those who still need or prefer to observe social distancing, we will keep Guaranteed Socially Distanced performances in the calendar. Socially Distanced dates are listed on each show’s page. If you have previously purchased a ticket and would now like to change your date, that’s easy to do: simply contact our Box Office by phone on 0121 236 4455 (Mon-Fri, 12 noon – 6pm) or email email@example.com.
There is currently no walk-in Box Office, so please book online, call 0121 236 4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific enquiries. If you feel too unwell to attend on the date of your performance, we are happy to offer a credit note for another performance (subject to availability).
Please note that our restaurant and bar, Marmalade, is closed due to the current Open House renovation work. Pre-show and interval refreshments are available in our temporary bar located in The Studio.
When Arriving At The Theatre
- We will be asking customers to enter the building and auditoria at different times, based on their seats, to limit contact.
- To assist with the above, we may not be able to admit late comers.
- To assist the NHS Test and Trace Service, you will be able to scan into the venue.
- From 1 December 2021 and until further notice we are mandating that face coverings be worn at all times within Birmingham Rep including the auditorium during performances (unless you are unable to do so safely). Our staff will also be wearing face coverings at all times.
- You will be able to use hand-sanitising stations, which have been positioned throughout the building.
- You will be directed around the building via new signage to limit unnecessary contact with others.
- Where closer contact may be needed, such as at our box office counter and bars, we have added screens.
- Enhanced cleaning is taking place across the building.
- There is improved ventilation throughout the building to increase none re-circulated air flow.
- To limit unnecessary contact, the cloakroom service will not be available so please avoid bringing large bags.
In partnership with NHS Test and Trace, we offer COVID-19 testing to our staff. We hope you have a pleasant visit but if you do have any concerns, members of staff will be on hand to help guide you.