Ramps On The Moon
Ramps On The Moon enriches the stories we tell and the way we tell them by normalising the presence of Deaf and disabled people both on and off stage.
Alongside New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich, Theatre Royal Stratford East, Nottingham Playhouse, Leeds Playhouse, Sheffield Theatres and strategic partner Graeae Theatre, we share learnings between partners and across the industry. The work we do as a collective will enable theatre buildings and workforces to break down barriers to those who may think theatre isn’t for them.
Each organisation has committed to a programme of organisational change including:
- Embedding Deaf and disabled people throughout their organisations.
- Putting access and inclusion on the agenda of all meetings.
- Creating long term employment and training opportunities for Deaf and disabled people.
- Committing core production expenditure to the project, alongside the specific additional project funding.
- Acting as a hub within its own region to disseminate experience, information and good practice.
More information can be found at www.rampsonthemoon.co.uk.