Mental Health First Aid Lite 2017
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Lite offers an introduction to mental health and mental health issues and is intended to introduce the MHFA course to the general public.
The aim of MHFA Lite is to enable participants to:
• gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health.
• work more effectively with people living with mental health problems.
• understand and experience a taste of the aims and content of the MHFA course.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
• identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
• define mental health and some mental health problems
• relate to people's experiences
• help support people with mental health problems
• look after their own mental health.
Please note this half day symposium takes place at Uffculme Centre, Queensbridge Road, Moseley, Birmingham B13 8QY
Uffculme Centre, Queensbridge Road, Moseley, Birmingham B13 8QY
Age suitability 16+