An earthy story of courage, conviction and hope, this is Joan of Arc. Performed by drag king champion Lucy Jane Parkinson, history's greatest gender-warrior takes to the stage, dragging up as the men she defies in this smash-hit show.
Packed with guts, heart (and some well placed couscous), Joan is the latest daring fusion of lyrical new writing and cabaret prowess from the multi-award winning Milk Presents.
What happens when a disguise becomes something a lot more real and you have to fight for who you really are? A fearless solo play, with uproario us songs, about what it means to stand out, stand up and stand alone.
Every performance of Joan will be captioned using hand-held captioning equipment for deaf, and hard of hearing audiences called The Difference Engine. This will make the show more accessible for d/Deaf and hard of hearing audiences, as well as those who struggle with spoken English.
Here's what you need to know:
- The Difference Engine can be downloaded onto your smart phone or tablet before the show
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes before the show so that we have time to give clear instructions to each individual audience member
- The captioning is streamed directly to your phone so we recommend that your mobile device is fully charged prior to the performance
- There will be battery packs available for audience members whose phone is low on battery
- This is not a replacement for BSL and we appreciate it will not be suitable for all d/Deaf audiences
- If you want to use The Difference Engine please inform Box Office when you arrive
Supported by Arts Council England and BBC Performing Arts Legacy Fund.
Running time: 75min
Age recommendation 12+
Thoroughly entertaining, cleverly written and immaculately performed
Powerful, dynamic and irreverent
Comic fizz, emotional ballast and cross-dressing that looks like sorcery
From £10 (subject to availability).
Group, family, disabled and school rates available via our box office.