Dance meets theatre, meets Youtube mashup in this amazing one woman (and her laptop) show.
Sublimely choreographed, Barbara Matijević becomes one with her laptop as she assumes 90% of the various characters on her screen - the other 10% remains digital - a hand, a foot, or a face. Careening and gliding around the room, Matijević explores the intersection between performer and the two-dimensional world of odd, self-made films that get put online. The result is a dizzying hybrid experience, shifting from funny to banal, to ingenious to poetic, to occasionally gruesome and violent.
This performance is presented by Flatpack and Birmingham International Dance Festival, and takes place during the 13th Flatpack Festival which runs from 30 April - 5 May 2019. For more details see www.flatpackfestival.org.uk.
Fees and Charges
Please note we charge a transaction fee of £2.50 on all payment types. This covers administration costs and postage and enables us to provide a dedicated booking service. This charge does not apply to transactions under £10, group bookings over 50 and school group bookings. We also waive this charge if you are a REP Friend. Please talk to a member of our BOX office team if you require further information.