Youngsters Wanted To Star in Nativity! The Musical
We're on the lookout for young actors to star in our forthcoming world premiere production of NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL, which opens at The REP later this year, before touring around the country.
We're looking for children who are confident singers, dancers and performers to audition for lead roles in NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL. This exciting new show, written and directed by Debbie Isitt, premieres at The REP on 20 October and then tours to theatres in Southend, Sheffield, Manchester, Plymouth, London and Leeds where it finishes on 6 January 2018.
Debbie Isitt, writer and director of Nativity! said:
“The joyful and funny performances by the children in the Nativity! films were a huge part of their success and we're hoping to recreate that for Nativity! The Musical. This is a great opportunity for young performers and I can't wait to see and meet the talent that is out there.”
To audition for a lead part in NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL children need to be:
- Aged between 9-11 by 1 September 2017
- Approximately no taller than 135cm
- We are looking for children with a playing age of 6-10 years old
- Living in the West Midlands
- They should be naturally confident, outgoing and keen performers and available for all the rehearsal and performance dates below.
Rehearsals in Birmingham:
Monday 11 September 2017 – Saturday 16 September 2017
Monday 18 September 2017 - Saturday 23 September 2017
Monday 25 September 2017 - Saturday 30 September 2017
Monday 2 October 2017 – Saturday 7 October 2017
Monday 9 October 2017 – 14 October 2017
Monday 16 October 2017 – 21 October 2017
Birmingham Repertory Theatre 20 October 2017 – 12 November 2017
Southend Cliffs Pavilion 15 November 2017 – 19 November 2017
Sheffield Lyceum 22 November 2017 – 26 November 2017
Manchester Palace Theatre 29 November 2017 – 3 December 2017
Plymouth Theatre Royal 6 December 2017 – 10 December 2017
Hammersmith Apollo 13 December 2017 – 17 December 2017
Leeds Grand Theatre 20 December 2017 – 6 January 2018
Details of how to apply are as follows:
- Upload a 1 minute YouTube clip of your child showcasing his/her talents. That can be singing, dancing, rapping or breakdancing - whatever you think best shows their performing talent and personality.
- Don't forget to get your child to introduce themselves, and tell us their name, age and where they are from at the start of video.
- When you've uploaded the clip, complete our online application form and include a link to the video here http://bit.ly/2h9yP5G
- The closing date for you to get your clips and audition forms in to us is Sunday 5 February 2017 (please note the closing date has been extended).
- We recommend you make your audition video private and share with us a password to access it. Details on how to do this can be found here https://www.youtube.com/account_privacy
Shortlisted children will be invited to attend an audition at The REP one day during week commencing 20 February.
“When someone sits and watches the performance, it is about what is happening to them in their head" Hofesh Shechter on Grand Finale“Many times people want to know what I meant in a particular dance piece,” says Hofesh Shechter, “And I think it doesn't really matter. What matters is what happens on stage...
"I’ve been surrounded by inspiring women throughout my life": Happy International Women's DayIn celebration of International Women's Day and the inspiring women who are integral to The REP, two of our 2018 Furnace artists, Rachael Mainwaring and Manjeet Mann share what it means to be a...