Barry Jackson Trust Grant Application Deadline Extended
The Barry Jackson Trust has extended the application deadline for Barry Jackson Grant Applicaitons to 21 December 2016. Please read on for more information about the application criteria and process.
The Sir Barry Jackson Trust funds small-scale, touring and educational theatre projects in the West Midlands. Based on money left by Sir Barry Jackson (founder of the Birmingham Repertory Theatre) the Trust now administers three different funds.
The aims, purposes and criteria of the three funds are as follows:
The County Fund funds or assists the presentation of high-standard productions of plays which fulfill some or all of the following criteria:
- Suitable for urban audiences with little or no previous theatre experience.
- Intellectually challenging and artistically inventive.
- Touring predominantly or extensively in the metropolitan districts of Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
In addition grants from the County Fund may occasionally be devoted to:
- Developing the abilities and understanding of young people in the art of drama through educational work based in schools and colleges in the above area.
- Expanding the awareness and appreciation of live theatre.
The Hornton Fund is dedicated to the development of talent in children and young people in the West Midlands, particularly in the arts, and we administer those funds dedicated to theatre. Grants under the Hornton Fund go to projects which are:
- Based in Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
- Particularly but not exclusively concerned with enabling children and young people (25 and under) from disadvantaged backgrounds to develop talents in the theatre crafts (including acting and writing).
The Sir Barry Jackson Trust Fund (“the traditional fund”) is dedicated to the promotion of the art of theatre in the region. In the past this fund has financed:
- Purchases connected with Sir Barry's memory
- Equipment at the Birmingham Repertory Theatre
- Education work with new writers
- New play commissions
Further information and guidance on how to apply, the funds available and application stipulations can be found here.